12/26/2017

If you don't already know it, there's a group on facebook called Ice Drop Addicts, and have plenty of pics and patterns in the files.

Shuttle tatted with Lizbeth size 20 thread, color 151 Angel's Love.   So,  I finally got a chance to make another ice drop... I think this is my fouth one. I had lofty dreams of making the pink fudge drop, but things kept going wrong. First I strung my beads, then as I was tatting the 2nd row, I realized that I had actually decided to change my ice drop center and now those beads were not going to work. Then as I go along, I realize that the thread is disappearing way faster than I thought it would, and I was going to run out. Lastly, I had a knot in my thread, that made me wonder if I was going to have to cut.


So, I just decided to do something that would use less shuttle thread, and leave off the beads, but then realized I could get in some different beads by connecting the chains to the picots with a bead in there. Better than nothing. I ended up having to take the last bit off the shuttle and finger tat it, and was lucky enough that I got the little knot in a place that was not a slip to close spot, and tatted it in! Well, this is my 'I winged it again' ice drop!

No comments: