12/03/2017

This is a real busy time of fall yard clean-up - especially when you let it go in the summer!   But I've finally gotten a little time to make another cro-tat snowflake.    Although many of the cro-tat books can be found on ebay, this one is like a needle in a haystack, A Flurry of Snowflakes:

I made snowflake no 1 with 1mm prym cro-tat hook & Hobby Lobby size 10 Artiste cotton thread in white porcelain.
I have to say I don't like the crochet picots, which seem to just look like lumps, compared to tatting picots. BUT! I did this one and there was a little error in the pattern, which made a little divot in the round that the first set of rings go on.

Long explanation:  The error is that it has you start off with slipping 3 st to get to the place for the first ring.   But then it has you do a chain 3 all the rest of the way around, and I kinda thought it would end that way, and make up the difference.   But when I got around to the end of the round, I couldn't go up to the ring with a ch 3, because I had to start the large outer chain from that point in between the rings. 
SHORT EXPLANATION:   Don't start with slp 3, but a ch 3, then into the middle of the next loop for the first ring.


No comments: