1/12/2018

JANUARY 8, 2018:   Valentines Fridgie
I saw these wonderful variegated colors in a package at Walmart for just under $4 and didn’t know if I’d be able to cro-tat with them, but for so cheap, I wasn’t worried about losing money on them, and I’d probably be able to do something with them, if they didn’t work. They are a very small amount on each embroidery floss skein, and so I figured flowers & leaves, which are often part of cro-tatting, would work fine with them. One thing, the threads should never have had any separating to them, you want them to still be very close together, like pearl cotton, which doesn’t divide. I worried if it would stay together, since it is divisible, unlike pearl cotton, that isn’t, but it did pretty good. It also helps that I now have some experience cro-tatting so can work with more difficult thread. I did have a few places where I caught a single thread out of the group, but not so many that it was hard to work with. With the 6 strands intact, I used the annie’s cro-tat hook (6) which is very similar in size to prym 1.5 cro-tat boullion hook.

I was just about finished, coming up the last half of the outside rim of the heart, when my skein ran out. Naturally, I was not happy to have to open another skein, and use about 45” from it. I did find one that had an end that was the same color the old one left off with, so no loss there.  It took about 2 hours.
Pattern is from crotatters yahoo group and one must join to get access to the patterns. Once a member it is in the files as 2003 tat-a-long, pattern by Amy Yendall. 
Group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/crotatters/info


No comments: