1/12/2018

BOOK: A Flurry of Snowflakes (cro-tat) Snowflake No. 3.
The body of this snowflake is all crocheted, so on the second round I decided to swap out to a reg crochet hook, as this was not ring and chain, ring and chain, just crocheting and a little harder with no comfortable place to hold for a long time, on the cro-tat hook. I will say that for some odd reason, the mm size of cro-tat hooks does not match the sizes of crochet hooks. Since my cro-tat hook is a 1mm, I searched for a size 13/1mm crochet hook - nothing alike in size. Comparing sizes, I settled on a size 8 steel hook, switching to the cro-tat hook in the last round when rings and chains would finally come together for true cro-tatting.   I used Hobby Lobby's Artiste Egyptian Cotton Thread with 1mm cro-tat hook and size 8/1.50mm crochet hook.
I took about 2 hours to make, and about 2 hours to get a pic that didn't have something stupid showing up in it! I painted the back with mod podge glossy, to stiffen it.

No comments: