10/24/2017

Cro-tat Christmas Ornaments

Oh dear!   I bought a Cro-tat Christmas Ornament package from Enfy's Rainbow Valley Crochet and started making them, leaving my little mat (doily 6) unfinished!   I feel very naughty about that, and hope I do the right thing and get it done, as the devil is keeping track of all my UFOs :(    But these are so fun to make, I wanted to do them so much!   Sure they are not as delicate as straight tatting, but there is something to be said for ease and I like how the change between needle tatting and crocheting is easy on sore hands & thumbs. Also, it doesn't take a week to make each one! Well, I'm not giving up tatting, but I'm going to have fun with these cro-tatted ornaments.

Unless other hook is stated, I used the Annie's Attic cro-hook.
Oct 19, 2017 I made the "Stocking" using:
DMC pearl Cotton size 5, blanc & DMC Petra size 5, color 5666 (red)

Oct 22 Angel: DMC Petra size 3, B5200

Oct 23 Star: DMC Petra size 3, B5200   I sprayed it with Stiffen Quik and I don't know if it's user error, like I was too close maybe, but it made my stitches not be as visible and it left little fuzzys everywhere.   I also sprinkled with opalescent glitter which is beautiful, but camera barely picks up their sparkles.   I had a little hole where I didn't close the last part right and so I got another little piece of thread to close it, and was very surprised how white the new thread was when compared to the star, which the Stiffen Quik had apparently caused to lose its snow white color.  Still very happy with it. :)

No comments: