8/29/2017

Me thinks the pattern pic in this book is photographed the back, as mine swirls in the opposite direction. But perhaps I wouldn’t know which was upside down, if not doing frontside backside tatting…. on the other hand, it felt backward when working the pattern too. Not to mention it gets weirder when you hit the DNRW on the ends. I just look at my center rings and see which way they are facing and it’s easy to see if I’m on front or back. I took a pic and reversed it with the mirror image function, to help me tat it easier. But, I find I need both pics, because it’s in short rows instead of rounds, I have to have a front and back pic for when I’m working from either side. 
I notice I may run out of thread on the shuttle, so decide to do a shoelace trick while there is still enough on it to finish the chains. So I measure what it seems to need about 6” a ring and add about a foot for the new shuttle, and use the original for the chain. Well, the old shuttle chain thread began to get scarce and came off the shuttle and I had to tie the end back on to the ball so that I could work it up to the last inch…. or should I say the last HALF of an inch!!!  


That was literally all I had left and for the first time in my life I had to cut, tie and glue my ends! 
I somehow thought mine wasn’t coming together enough, after I made the last 9th ring, and thought I’d have to add a wedge, but now, I didn’t. Unfortunately, by the time I realized I wasn’t adding a wedge, I had already not joined the 1st and 9th center rings together and had to tie the picots. A bit fiddly meeting the picots on the last last row’s rings and beginning rings together, but do-able with folding.

Lizbeth Size 20 Thread in 154 Wildflower Garden






No comments: