8/20/2017

August 18, 2017  I got some new thread and needed something to release some pent up anxiety, so started a project I've had on the list for quite some time.    Seems the pic in the book is face down, and so when I look at it, it is backward from mine, which is crazy feeling.   I made a mirror image of it, to help my brain no wig out....   But, as you turn it over back and forth, I find I need both pics.


Most tatting is in normal rounds and so the picture is not a mind boggler when you look at it (or the diagram).   But in this case you are building arms to a spinning wheel, and so they need to go the same way you are working or it all gets topsy turvy feeling.

The pattern is Spinning Wheel Glass Mat, from Mary Konior's book Tatting with Visual Patterns.
Size 20 Lizbeth, 154 Wildflower Garden.   I will put my updates in this same post, rather than string them out, which gets confusing.    I'm using  1 shuttle and ball (CTM).   You can see how when on the right side, mine is swirling the opposite direction.   I will say that if I weren't doing frontside/backside tatting I could just turn it over, but I really do have a front and back.









No comments: