8/30/2017

August 27, 2017  I started this one, the day after I finished the last one.   On the last one, I started the first center ring normally, doing FS/BS tatting. Because there was a definite back, I could not turn it over and so mine came out going in the opposite direction. The 3 ring row came out frontside, and the 6 ring row came out on the backside (needs rods). So this time I started the first center ring with rods and thought it would change that, that the 6 ring row would be frontside, but no, it's still backside. 

So, I went back to what I tried and forgot how to do in the first glass mat - making my picot joins from the back (side thats away from me) when I'm tatting on the wrong side - so my joins come out like they are made on the front side and the blip is on the actual back side. I like this.  I may decide to make a video of how I'm doing it.

This is so stupid... I'm using size 20 Lizbeth in 603 Ecru and 691 Mocha Brown Med.   So.... it won't show well on a brown table, because the brown rings will disappear... and the ecru is like an off white, so it will disappear on my white coffee tables!!!!!!

About half done with this, and it's going well, but have been distracted by a hippo pattern, so Sept 3 am hours, are doing that - more in next post.


No comments: