7/31/2017

  1. JULY 30, 2017
  2. ROW 5: (green rings attaching to white chains) 
    I wanted to share what’s going on with my mystery doily. My rings were coming in too tight and not reaching to the next join from the previous ring withoug pulling it over. So I had to cut them off and change my rings to 7-7-7-7, After much thinking about why this is happening, I believe that the large chain that goes around the ring in row 5 should have been pulled tighter. If it were tighter, than it would have been closer to the ring, but by being out more, it has caused a larger diameter around - causing my rings not to fit. This is my first time to do this type of row and so didn’t know anything was amiss. I would like to make another, and this time keep the encircling chain just above the ring’s picot. 
    Here is how it is looking after I cut off my 7-5-5-7 rings, and used the 7-7-7-7 rings instead. There seems to be a much larger difference in the variegated green and the lime green, but in person, it is less obvious. I did look at mint green when I started this row, but, it was too blue, oddly.

No comments: