7/25/2017

Analalea Tat-a-Long July 2017

I am working on the pattern Test Tat-A-Long from here (link below).  The steps are done with pictures, and when opened, some words.   Note if you are to cut thread after each rnd or leave it, very important.:
https://www.facebook.com/AlenaleaTatting/

My first start wasn't completely right, I could only get in 4 rings, while everyone else got in 6 for the middle.  I thought about squeezing the rings to elongate them, but resisted, and so only 4 fit.  I tried again and this time left a small 1/8" bare thread space after each ring, and it made the center larger, and all 6 petals fit.   Had a bad storm and did the row 1, the 6 petal one my LED lantern light.

























The one that worked for me happened to be in vintage #70 thread, Star 103 Med. Pink, and for rnds 2 & 3, I used Star #155 Tinted White, Pinks & Greens.   Don't cut off the thread on the 2nd rnd, you just keep going around for the 3rd.

I finally finished rnd 4, which thoroughly kicked my butt. It’s full of all kinds of defects, but I was determined to finish and perhaps learn something that would increase my skill. I’m not sure I learned anything, except that need a lot more skill(!), but I DID finish!  I made it even harder than it already was, by deciding to make the chain that joins to rnd 4 the same color as the ring.   Usually, you change thread source between ring and chain.   If you keep the same, you have to use the shoelace trick to get the ring chain back on top, after reversing for the chain.  That left a little extra blurp in the thread, which was messy to me.    Fortunately, rnd 5 is an easy one, I will be happy to relax and do it!     Here is my complete first 4 rounds/rows.



No comments: